Filming in Middletown
Thank you for your interest in filming in Middletown, NJ!
The Communications Department reviews all filming inquiries with the Township Administrator before the Clerk's Office can issue a film permit. Prior to applying, we encourage you to review Middletown's filming ordinance (PDF)
When seeking permission to film in town, we kindly ask that you submit a brief form that includes an overview of the project, as well as your potential filming dates and schedule, before completing an application.
If you have any questions, please feel free to reach out to the Communications Department:
- Communications Director: Tara Berson; 732-615-3226 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Deputy Communications Director: Raven Rentas; 732-615-3215 or email@example.com
- Once the Communications Department informs you that the Township Administrator approves your filming project, please email the completed film permit application (PDF) along with a certificate of insurance (COI). If needed, please also provide a signed location agreement.
- If additional permits or services are needed, please check that off in the film permit application. You will need to work with the respective departments to apply for those permits or services. More information can be found in our filming ordinance and film permit application.
- After the application has been approved and all documents have been provided, the Clerk's Office will issue your film permit. The permit can be picked up and paid for at the reception desk located in the main lobby at Town Hall (1 Kings Highway).
Documents and Forms
All the documents below are PDFs, except for the Filming Request Form.
- Filming Ordinance
- Filming Request Form
- Film Permit Application
- Fire Prevention's Special Permit Application
- Cooking/Open Flame (required for food vendors)
- Propane Use
- Tents greater than 900 sq. ft. in area or more than 30 ft. in any dimension (Read a PDF about the tent permit requirements)
- Health Department's Temporary Food Establishment Permit Application