Conover Beacon is a lighthouse located on Leonard Avenue in the Leonardo section of Middletown. The first tower was constructed in 1856 at 55 feet. The second tower was constructed in 1941 at 45 feet. The lighthouse has been deactivated since 1988.
In March 2022, the Middletown Township Department of Public Works & Engineering (DPW) began restoration work on this historic landmark. This is a multi-phase in-house project to beautify and restore the beacon to its former glory. Please visit this page for updates on the project's progress!