Veteran of the Year
The Middletown Township Mayor and Township Committee honors one veteran annually with the Dennis J. Beauregard Veteran of the Year Award for their continued willingness to serve their neighbors and community with acts of selfless service. We believe our veterans deserve our support and recognition for their exemplary military service, outstanding community service, and endless encouragement to other local veterans. The Middletown Township Veterans Affairs Committee (VAC) will review and select the veteran to be recognized by the Township.
The award is based on documented acts of selfless service. Selfless service consists of deeds and actions on behalf of others and going the “extra mile” beyond their job post military career.
- Regular acts of kindness and caring for others
- Hospital, home, and shut-in visitations
- Volunteer chaplaincy
- Community service and projects
- Charity work
- Youth program volunteer
The award was introduced in 2022 and is named after Dennis J. Beauregard, who was the first recipient. Dennis is the current chairman of the VAC and a passionate advocate for veterans in our town and across the state.
The VAC is now accepting nominations for the 2023 Veteran of the Year Award. The Veteran of the Year Award recognizes a Middletown resident who has distinguished themselves through outstanding service to the community. Nominees do not need to be a member of a veterans organization but must be a veteran and show proof that they have served in the military.
In order to qualify, the nominee:
- Must be a resident of Middletown Township
- Must have served honorably in one of the U.S. armed service branches (including the Coast Guard) either/or on active duty or in the reserve component and received an honorable discharge
All nominations must be received no later than Friday, December 1st. Nominators can either complete a fillable PDF or complete a virtual form. All submissions must include a completed form and a one-page, nominating statement that is typed. Two pages of supporting documents can also be included.
- Complete the virtual form. Once completed, it will be automatically submitted.
- Complete the fillable PDF. Please either mail it to the Middletown Veterans Affairs Committee, C/O Middletown Township Mayor’s Office at 1 Kings Highway, Middletown, NJ 07748 or email it to email@example.com.