Middletown Recycling Centers
Middletown Recycling Center to Re-Open Labor Day Weekend
Visit www.middletownnj.org/rcupdates to see the construction progress.
Download the Recycle Coach app for collection updates sent via text or email including personalized collection calendars, emergency collection notifications & a what-goes-where lookup tool!
Middletown Recycling Center (52 Kanes Lane)
The Middletown Recycling Center is the Township’s main recycling facility.
52 Kanes Lane
Open Thursdays through Mondays: 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Closed Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and major holidays including New Year’s Day, Easter Sunday, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving, and Christmas Day.
Items accepted at the Middletown Recycling Center include:
- Motor Oil, Antifreeze, Vegetable Cooking Oil
- Lead Acid Batteries (rechargeable batteries only; household alkaline batteries NOT accepted);
- Metal / Scrap Metal;
- Appliances (*fee applies for appliances with freon)
- Bulky/Rigid Plastic Items
- Car and truck tires (*fees apply)
- Plastic Toys
- Clean Plastic Bags
- Aluminum, Tin and Steel cans
- Glass Bottles and Jars
- Mixed Paper
- Plastic Bottles and Containers (#1, #2, #5)
- Leaves (accepted Nov 1st-June 1st)
Middletown Train Station (Church Street)
There is a satellite Recycling Center opened 24/7 located at the Middletown Train Station that accepts :
- Cardboard [BROWN CONTAINER]
- Mixed Paper [GREEN CONTAINER]
- Plastic Bottles and Containers (#1, #2, #5) [BLUE CONTAINER]
- Aluminum, Tin and Steel cans [BLUE CONTAINER]
- Glass Bottles and Jars [BLUE CONTAINER]
- Styrofoam* [Specified Styrofoam Bins]
*Styrofoam is a trademark brand of Expanded Polystyrene (EPS) owned and Manufactured by the Dow Chemical Company.