Middletown Recycling Centers
Middletown Recycling Center Closed for Renovations from June 28-August 11
The Middletown Recycling Center (52 Kanes Lane) will be closed from Tuesday, June 28th through Thursday, August 11th for renovations. Improvements to the Middletown Recycling Center will include increasing access and efficiency to the recycling drop-off bins, improving traffic circulation, allowing room for the expansion of recyclable commodities in the future, and ensuring ADA compliance to both the Middletown Recycling Center and Administrative Building.
While the Recycling Center is closed, items can be dropped off at the Middletown Train Station recycling site (located in the parking lot off Middletown-Lincroft Road). Staff will be available for assistance at the train station recycling area Thursdays through Mondays between 8:30 AM to 4:30 PM. Please note that not all items will be accepted at the train station, however, the number of containers for certain recyclables, such as flattened cardboard, will be increased.
What Items Will Be Accepted at the Train Station?
- Cardboard (flattened)
- Mixed Paper
- Commingled (glass, aluminum, plastic bottles)
- Temporarily accepted during Recycling Center renovations:
- Bulky/Rigid Plastics
- Electronics (only when staff is present)
What Items Will Not Be Accepted?
- Appliances (A/C Units, Refrigerators, Dehumidifiers, etc.) – these can be retrieved curbside from your home for a fee by calling 732-615-2090 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
- Motor Oil, Antifreeze, Cooking Oil
- Plastic Bags
- Any other items not listed in the "accepted" list
Please visit www.middletownnj.org/recyclingcenter for updates.
Download the Recycle Coach app for collection updates sent via text or email including personalized collection calendars, emergency collection notifications & a what-goes-where lookup tool!
Middletown Recycling Center (52 Kanes Lane)
The Middletown Recycling Center is the Township’s main recycling facility.
52 Kanes Lane
Open Thursdays through Mondays: 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Closed Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and major holidays including New Year’s Day, Easter Sunday, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving, and Christmas Day.
Items accepted at the Middletown Recycling Center include:
- Motor Oil, Antifreeze, Vegetable Cooking Oil
- Lead Acid Batteries (rechargeable batteries only; household alkaline batteries NOT accepted);
- Metal / Scrap Metal;
- Appliances (*fee applies for appliances with freon)
- Bulky/Rigid Plastic Items
- Car and truck tires (*fees apply)
- Plastic Toys
- Clean Plastic Bags
- Aluminum, Tin and Steel cans
- Glass Bottles and Jars
- Mixed Paper
- Plastic Bottles and Containers (#1, #2, #5)
- Leaves (accepted Nov 1st-June 1st)
Middletown Train Station (Church Street)
There is a satellite Recycling Center opened 24/7 located at the Middletown Train Station that accepts :
- Cardboard [BROWN CONTAINER]
- Mixed Paper [GREEN CONTAINER]
- Plastic Bottles and Containers (#1, #2, #5) [BLUE CONTAINER]
- Aluminum, Tin and Steel cans [BLUE CONTAINER]
- Glass Bottles and Jars [BLUE CONTAINER]
- Styrofoam* [Specified Styrofoam Bins]
*Styrofoam is a trademark brand of Expanded Polystyrene (EPS) owned and Manufactured by the Dow Chemical Company.