Please refer to the chart below for the spring 2022 brush collection schedule:
Curbside Brush Collection Frequently Asked Questions
1. What brush collection zone am I in?
Visit www.middletownnj.org/zonemap to find your brush collection zone.
2. Where do I go for the brush collection status?
Visit www.middletownnj.org/collection to find out where crews are working.
3. How much brush can I put out?
Maximum volume of brush is 4 cubic yards (3 ft. wide, 2 ft. high, 18 ft. long). Maximum limb length is approximately 3 ft. See picture below as a reference.
4. When can I put my brush out?
Place loose brush (not in bags) and tree parts at the curb no more than one week prior to your collection date. Do not place material on the street and/or sidewalks. This creates a serious hazard for children walking to school and other pedestrians, as well as an unsightly condition in your neighborhood. Do not set brush out after your street has been collected.
5. They didn’t collect my brush on my zone start date - what should I do?
Hang tight! It takes approximately 10 days for crews to get through each collection zone.
6. What is not accepted in curbside brush collection?
- Stumps and logs greater than 8 inches in diameter will not be accepted curbside and are not accepted at the Middletown Recycling Center. Residents are responsible for removal of these items.
- Railroad ties, fence posts, and lumber are not accepted in curbside bulk collection or the Middletown Recycling Center. These items are often coated in chemicals that make them toxic and therefore unusable as mulch. Residents are responsible for removal of these items.
- Leaves will not be collected in curbside brush collection. Curbside leaf collection occurs in the fall.