It is with great sadness that I announce to you all we will not be running any of our Summer Recreation Camp programs for 2020, including all outsourced programs. As you all know, the current health pandemic has severely impacted lives. With so much uncertainty, it is simply not possible to be able to offer a quality, fun camp experience while adhering to the brief guidelines offered in order to decrease the risk of infection. The only way we can truly ensure no child in our care is exposed to this virus is to not hold camp.
In an effort to offer your child some type of fun for the summer, all registrants will be receiving our “Camp in a Box” adventure kit in exchange for the cost of the required t-shirts. Inside this box will be 9-weeks worth of fun and adventure for each child! Each week will have an online or virtual component that can be done at your leisure. While specific information for each week will be provided in your child’s confidential dossier, here is a sneak peek of what you can expect:
Limited edition “Camp in a Box” t-shirt
- Dossier with weekly instructions and challenges
- Over 30 fun and unique items and activities that tie into the weekly themes. Themes include:
- Week 1 - Patriotism: USA themed crafts and activities
- Week 2 - Fossil Hunting: trowel, shark tooth
- Week 3 - Essential Camp Skills: crafts and playing cards
- Week 4 - Russell Traveling Duck: scavenger hunt and rubber duckie
- Week 5 - Nature BioBlitz: bug boxes and track guide
- Week 6 - Art for Everyone: sketch pad, water colors
- Week 7 - Let’s Get Physical: jump rope, work dice
- Week 8 - Science of Water: water testing kit
- Week 9 - STEM Building Challenge: craft sticks and connectors
With over 500 families affected by this, we have a large amount of refunds to process. You all will be receiving a full refund, less the $18 for the t-shirts which will be applied towards the “Camp in a Box” program. There is no need to fill out a refund application - we will take care of that for you. If you already filled one out, not a problem, it will still be processed. With the Township being a government agency, all refunds are processed via Purchase Order that requires your signature and then approved at a Township Committee meeting. Generally, this process can take between 6-8 weeks. Please know we are doing our best to process these as quickly as possible however additional time may be required due to the sheer volume. You are more than welcome to reach out to find out the status of your refund at any time via email or phone call.
Please know we are all extremely sad to not be able to hold camp this year but I firmly believe this was the best decision for all. If things start to lighten up, you can by all means expect to hear from us for more excitement! We look forward to seeing what you create with us with your “Camp in a Box” adventure kit! Expect a separate email in the upcoming weeks regarding when the “Camp in a Box” kit may be picked up. If you have questions about anything, please do not hesitate to contact me.
Janet E. Dellett