Following last night’s storm, more than 10,000 homes in Middletown were without power.
Middletown Township has been in constant communication with JCP&L and power has been restored to more than 2,000 homes overnight. JCP&L has requested more than 1,200 additional workers to assist in restoring remaining power outages. There are still multiple roads and intersections in town with downed trees.
Please call in your power outages; don’t assume they know. You can call JCP&L at 1-888-544-4877. You can also text OUT to 544487 or click HERE to report an outage. If you see a downed power line, do not go near it, please report it to JCP&L.
To follow are updates from various Township departments.
MTPD ROAD UPDATES (as of 2:30 PM on 7/23)
The following Hwy 35 traffic lights are out:
- Hwy 35 / Apple Farm
- Hwy 35 / Oak Hill Rd.
- Hwy 35 / Crestview Dr.
Other road closure/traffic issues:
- Hwy 35 and Navesink River Rd. is now functioning on generator power
- Hwy 35 and Pine St. is now functioning
- Church St. is closed between Kings Hwy and Liberty St.
- Traffic lights are out at Normandy Rd. / West Front and Normandy Rd. / Oak Hill Rd.
- Kings Hwy East is closed between Stillwell Rd. and Chapel Hill Rd.
- Traffic lights are not operating at Half Mile Rd / West Front, Middletown-Lincroft / West Front St.
- The traffic light at Navesink River Rd. and Hubbard Ave is now functioning on generator power
Middletown Fire Prevention would like to remind residents of the following rules when using a generator:
- 10 feet of clearance is required from any structure
- Use UL listed extension cords
- Ensure carbon monoxide alarms are functioning in all businesses/homes while using a generator
Contact Fire Marshal Buddy Skelly at 732-615-2272 with any questions.
The Middletown Health Department has provided a list for residents to determine which foods are safe to keep during a power outage. Click HERE to evaluate each food item separately. "When in Doubt, Throw it Out!"
The following store locations are providing free ice/water to JCP&L customers who are affected by the power outage:
- Acme Market, 616 Newman Springs Road, Lincroft
- Foodtown, 426 Route 36, Port Monmouth
- Foodtown, 3 Bayshore Plaza, Atlantic Highlands