Meteorologists are predicting significant snowfall overnight (12-16 inches) in our area. High winds and coastal flooding are also anticipated. The next high tide is at 10:39 PM tonight and on Wednesday at 11:12 AM and 11:28 PM. Residents living in flood prone areas are reminded to move vehicles to higher ground. If you are concerned about flooding, you can park at the Middletown Train Station parking lots.
Emergency Management & Updates
Fire and First Aid Stations are ready for emergency response. The Police Department has augmented its staff for emergency response.
For a police, fire, or medical emergency, please call 911. For snow-related hazards, or if you need shelter, call 732-615-2100.
The Senior Center at Croydon Hall (900 Leonardville Road) will be used as a shelter if necessary.
We encourage you to register for Township emergency alerts at www.middletownnj.org/emergencyalerts. Updates will also be posted to www.middletownnj.org and on Town Hall's Facebook and Twitter accounts.
The Township will be using more than 150 pieces of equipment to treat and clear roads. During the storm, the Township’s priority is to keep primary roads open so there is a clear path for emergency vehicles. Please assist the Public Works Department in clearing snow from roadways by moving cars off the streets wherever possible. Plow drivers can clear the roads more efficiently when there are no cars parked on the streets. Motorists are encouraged to stay off the roads. If you must be on the roads, please exercise caution.
High winds may cause trees and wires to go down. To report downed wires or power outages call 1-888-544-4877 (1-888-LIGHTSS), text OUT to LIGHTS (544487), or click the “Report Outage” link on www.firstenergycorp.com. View outages by clicking HERE. For your safety, do not go near downed wires.
3/21 Closings and Cancellations
- Municipal facilities will be closed on Wednesday, March 21st. Township facilities include the Middletown Township Public Library, the Middletown Arts Center, the Senior Center, Poricy Park, TKCC, Croydon Hall Gym, Croydon Hall Field House, and the Health Department.
- Recycling collection for the South Zone has been rescheduled for Saturday, March 24th.
- Middletown Preschool, Middletown Senior Center activities, Open Recreation at the Tonya Keller Community, and all outdoor facility permits are canceled.
- All classes and activities at the Middletown Arts Center are canceled.
- The Planning Board Meeting has been canceled. It will be held on Wednesday, April 18th.
- The Library Board Meeting has been rescheduled for Thursday, 3/22 at 7PM.
Prepare and Plan for Your Safety During the Winter Storm
- Residents are reminded to clear snow from all vents around the house. This includes flue pipes and dryer vents. When the vents are blocked, dangerous carbon monoxide can build up inside the home. If you have any questions or concerns, please call the Township’s Fire Marshal, Buddy Skelly, at 732-615-2270.
- Residents with home generators need to be aware that they must be placed at least 20 feet away from any habitable structure when they are in use for safety reasons. It is also a good idea to have extra fuel stored in the appropriate containers on hand.
- If you have a fire hydrant on your property, please help out the Fire Department by clearing 3 feet around it.