The Middletown Recycling Center (52 Kanes Lane) will be closed to complete renovations through the end of the month and is scheduled to re-open on Friday, September 2nd.
Renovations began at the end of June, including increasing access and efficiency to the recycling drop-off bins, improving traffic circulation, allowing room for the expansion of recyclable commodities in the future, and ensuring ADA compliance to both the Middletown Recycling Center and Administrative Building. The project was delayed slightly due to several unforeseen, yet necessary, utility upgrades. You can check out construction progress by visiting www.middletownnj.org/rcupdates.
While the Recycling Center is closed, items can continue to be dropped off at the Middletown Train Station recycling site (located in the parking lot off Middletown-Lincroft Road). Staff is available for assistance at the train station recycling area Thursdays through Mondays between 8:30 AM to 4:30 PM. Please note that not all items are accepted at the train station. The number of containers for certain recyclables, such as flattened cardboard, was increased during the this time, and curbside recycling collection has not been affected.
Accepted items at the train station recycling site:
- Cardboard (flattened)
- Mixed Paper
- Commingled (glass, aluminum, plastic bottles)
- Temporarily accepted during Recycling Center renovations:
- Bulky/Rigid Plastics
- Electronics (only when staff is present)
Items that are not accepted include:
- Appliances (A/C Units, Refrigerators, Dehumidifiers, etc.) – these can be retrieved curbside from your home for a fee by calling 732-615-2090 or emailing email@example.com
- Motor Oil, Antifreeze, Cooking Oil
- Plastic Bags
- Any other items not listed in the "accepted" list
Download the Recycle Coach app for collection updates
sent via text or email including personalized collection calendars, emergency collection notifications & a what-goes-where lookup tool!