Middletown Township is now accepting applications for the position of Class III Special Law Enforcement Officer (S.L.E.O.) to conduct school safety and security duties within the Middletown Township Public Schools. Individuals appointed to the position will exemplify the high professional standards of the Middletown Township Police Department and will work in collaboration with personnel from both the police department and the schools. Class III duties are limited to school hours. Compensation is set by Middletown Township.
- Must be a citizen of the United States
- Must possess a Police Training Commission (PTC) S.L.E.O. III Certification or be eligible for a waiver
- Must be currently living in New Jersey and possess a valid New Jersey driver's license
- Must be a retired police officer who has previously served as a duly qualified, full-time law enforcement officer in any municipality, county, agency of this state, bi-state agency, or federal agency. Break in service must not exceed three (3) years.
- Must be retired from that agency in good standing (necessary to have a letter of good standing issued by the agency from which the police officer retired, listing the date and type of retirement). A copy of this letter will be submitted to the PTC.
- Must be less than 65 years of age for appointment
- Must pass a psychological exam, a medical exam, and a drug screening pursuant to Attorney General’s Law Enforcement Drug Testing Policy
- Must successfully pass an updated background investigation to be conducted by this agency
- Must successfully complete School Resource Officer training within 12 months of appointment
Interested candidates shall submit an application, a resume to include additional training applicable to the position as a S.L.E.O. III, and cover letter to the Chief of Police R. Craig Weber. Applications can be obtained online at www.middletownnj.org/jobs or may be picked up, by appointment, at Police Headquarters, located at 1 Kings Highway in Middletown.
Completed applications and materials must be submitted by mail, hand-delivery, or e-mail no later than August 1, 2022 to Sgt. Steven Keller, email@example.com. For more information or questions, please call 732-615-2041.