Health Resources

A Message from the Middletown Township Fire Prevention Bureau: 

Our Fire Prevention Bureau has received numerous call from residents with chemical burns due to making cleaning products at home. In general, it is not safe to mix any sort of store-bought cleaning products. Even household chemicals, like ammonia and bleach, should never be mixed because they produce chlorine, which can be deadly. Other chemicals that should never be mixed include bleach and vinegar, drain cleaner and ammonia, or oven cleaner and Comet.
 
For your own protection, please do the following:

 
·         Keep cleaning products in their original containers with their original labels.
·         Try to use less bleach and ammonia in your home.
·         If you use bleach or ammonia, make sure to rinse thoroughly with plenty of water, and use in a well ventilated space. After use           open a window or door for fresh air.
·         Never mix bleach with other household cleaning products.
·         Maintain safety standards, and always follow the instructions as indicated by the manufacturer.
·         Keep all cleaning products out of the reach of children.
 
If you have any questions, please contact Fire Marshal Buddy Skelly at 732-615-2272 or email bskelly@middletownnj.org

                                                   donotmixthesecleaningproducts

Click HERE for a guide to home-proofing for flu, coronavirus and other illnesses.

CROSSROADS INFO

The Diabetes Foundation is Offering Two-week Diabetes Backup Emergency Supply Kits

Diabetes Kits Opens in new windowCLICK THE PICTURE TO JOIN THE WAIT LIST.