Township-Wide Garbage & Recycling Program
Township-Wide Garbage & Recycling Program: What You Need To Know
Our Township-Wide Garbage & Recycling Program will begin on Tuesday, January 2nd. (There will be no garbage pickup in the North Zone on Monday, January 1st due to the holiday.)
Please follow the cart service procedures noted below and listed on the flyer that you received along with garbage/recycling carts and in the mail:
- Garbage, recycling and bulk should be placed curbside the night before your collection day. The North Zone curbside garbage collection days are on Mondays and Thursdays, beginning on Thursday, January 4th. The South Zone garbage collections days are on Tuesdays and Fridays, beginning on Tuesday, January 2nd. To view the curbside garbage, recycling and bulk collection schedule for the month of January, please click HERE.
- Cart handles should face house
- Only garbage and recycling materials inside the carts will be collected
- Minimum 3 feet clearance from cart to objects (i.e. parked cars, mailboxes, light poles, etc.)
- You can add your house number to your carts with removable stickers (similar to what you would put on your mailbox)
The first recycling pickup will be on Wednesday, January 3rd in the North Zone and on Wednesday, January 10th in the South Zone. Recyclables should be loose inside the carts, not in plastic bags. Click HERE for additional recycling information.
Curbside Bulk Waste Collection
The first bulk collection will be on Thursday, January 4th in the North Zone and Friday, January 12th in the South Zone. A few reminders:
- You can only put out up to 4 items for each bulk pickup
- Each item should not exceed 75 pounds or about 6 feet in length. Examples of items accepted for bulk pickup include Christmas trees, couches, wood furniture, porcelain items such as toilet bowls and sinks, and carpets
- Examples of items NOT accepted include appliances, electronics, construction debris, propane tanks, etc.
For additional bulk waste collection information, please click HERE.
For any pickup issues, please call the Department of Public Works hotline at 732-615-3233 and press 0 to speak with an operator.