Service & Records
The Police Department's Records Bureau is responsible for maintaining all Police Department records, including arrest reports, investigation reports, and motor vehicle accident reports.
Please email all forms, any questions regarding the forms, or additional information needed to email@example.com.
For all firearms-related questions and inquiries, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Background Checks
- Firearms Permits
- Motor Vehicle Accident Reports
- Public Records Requests
- ABC Request
- Solicitor Application
- Raffle Application
- Attorney Discovery Request
- Temporary Handicap Placards
Criminal History & Background ChecksOn March 15, 2008 the New Jersey State Police (NJSP) changed the fingerprinting procedure for employment background checks, personal criminal history background requests, volunteer review operation, and volunteer care providers.
NJSP is no longer accepting paper fingerprint submissions for those purposes. They now require those fingerprint submissions to be done electronically on the Live Scan machine through the state contract vendor MorphoTrak.
The necessary forms and instructions for making an appointment for fingerprinting are on the NJSP website.
Local Background Check
Complete Middletown Record's Bureau Local Background Check Application. (Fillable PDF)
Fingerprinting and name checks for your criminal history are no longer processed by the Middletown Township Police Department. You will initiate and complete one of the following transactions on line.
When your initial application is accepted you will be provided a form from the New Jersey state fingerprinting vendor, Ident2Go. Follow the instructions on this form to schedule an appointment and pay the processing fee of $56.50. Company information is available at the Ident2Go website or at 877-503-5981.
If you are applying for a duplicate card or permit(s) to purchase a handgun, you will be issued a form with information to complete an online application for a name check with the New Jersey State Police. (Online SBI 212A). Follow the instructions on the form to submit your information and pay the $20 fee. Information is available at the New Jersey State Police Criminal History Record website.
All firearm permits must now be filed online. Read instructions about how to apply for a firearm permit. (PDF)
Open Public Records Act RequestsMany records maintained by the Records Bureau are confidential. Examples of documents that are confidential and not releasable are:
- Criminal investigatory records (investigation reports) are confidential (NJSA 47:1A-1.1).
- Domestic violence records are confidential (NJSA 2C:25-33).
- Records containing medical information are confidential (Executive order #26 (McGreevey 2002)).
- Firearms applicant information is confidential (NJAC 13:54-1.15).
- Juvenile records are confidential (NJSA 2A:4A-60).
- No person who has been convicted of an indictable offense may obtain information regarding a victim (NJSA 47:1A-1.1).
- NJTR-1 motor vehicle accident reports (17:33A-29)
- Certain fraud reports (NJSA 2C:21-17.6)
- Incident reports unrelated to any exemption or requirement making the document confidential
Document copy fees are $0.05 per page for letter size and $0.07 for legal size.
Please bring the NJMVC Temporary Handicap Placard application filled out and signed by applicant and medical practitioner, prescription script from doctor's office, check or money order for $4.00, cash will not be accepted). If you are seeking a permanent handicap license plate you will apply directly to NJMVC.