UPDATE ON TOWNSHIP COVID-19 VACCINATION & BOOSTER SHOT
Middletown Township is joining forces with the VNA of Central Jersey Community Health Center to provide booster shots for those who are eligible, as well as COVID-19 vaccines, at the Middletown Township Public Library (55 New Monmouth Road). VNACJ Community Health Center nurses will be administering the Pfizer booster shot in the Community Room at the library on Wednesdays from 10 AM to 5:30 PM for the remainder of 2021.
Pfizer booster shots will be available in accordance with CDC guidance to those ages 65 and older who have already received the 1st and 2nd dose of the Pfizer vaccine, as well as to those over the age of 18 who fall within the CDC guidance for health conditions and occupational risks. People ages 12 and over who have yet to be vaccinated against COVID-19 are welcome to receive their first and second doses at the library. The Moderna vaccine will be available for first and second doses for those over the age of 18. The J&J/Janssen one dose vaccine is currently out of stock. It will be offered to those who have yet to be vaccinated when it becomes available.
Appointments are not necessary to receive a vaccine at the library, but pre-registration is strongly recommended at www.middletownnj.org/vnacj. The VNACJ is also offering self-scheduling via that link. You do not need to be a Middletown resident in order to register for this clinic. Those seeking vaccines should bring their ID and insurance card if they have one. Those seeking boosters should also bring their vaccine card. Masks are recommended, but not required.
What is the recommendation for wearing a face covering/mask inside while patronizing a business?
If someone can’t wear a face mask due to medical condition accommodations can be made. Essential businesses that never closed (grocery, pharmacy) cannot refuse entry to someone who has a medical condition and can’t wear mask. They may offer options, such as to provide curbside delivery and limit time spent inside store, but the person must be allowed to enter.
If person doesn’t have medical condition but refuses to wear a mask, essential businesses can refuse entry but must arrange curbside delivery or provide a mask, if available. No one can be asked for medical documentation due to various laws that already existed, so people don’t need to “prove” why they can’t wear a mask.
NJ State Animal Cruelty Laws
The State of New Jersey takes cruelty to animals very seriously. Please CLICK HERE to read documents about what constitutes animal cruelty, what the laws are, and how to identify and prevent animal cruelty and neglect.
If you would like a printed copy of these documents, you may obtain them from the Middletown Township Health Department located at 180 Main Street in Port Monmouth or you can contact Animal Control at 732-615-2097 to have a copy mailed or emailed to you.
Health Department's Responsibilities
The Health Department oversees Public Health Issues, Environmental Concerns, Animal Control, Substance Abuse Services and Social Services. They also administer and enforce local health ordinances. Responsibilities of this department include:
- Operating programs and activities for mosquito and rodent control, and administering dog regulations
- Planning and administering a comprehensive public health program including environmental sanitation, communicable disease control, child and adult health education, laboratory services
- Public recreational bathing, Septic, Well, Kennel/Pet Shop, Retail food establishment inspections
Middletown Recreation is looking for volunteers for our upcoming Mayor's 5k! Read on...
Middletown Township will be joining forces with the VNA of Central Jersey Community Health Center to provide booster shots for those who are eligible, as well as COVID-19 vaccines, beginning Wednesday, 9/29 at the Middletown Township Public Library. Read on...
The Middletown Municipal Alliance Presents the "Drugs and Alcohol Among Us" Series
Knowledge is the first step. Click HERE to watch the introductory video to learn more about the opioid epidemic and find out what Middletown Township is doing to help fight it.
- Health Department Newsletter
- Food Handlers License Application
- Individual Subsurface Sewage Disposal Permit Application Middletown Health Department
- Kennel Pet Shop and Shelter License Application Middletown Health Department
- Middletown Health Fall Newsletter 2017
- Pet License Application (PDF)
- Plan Reviw Application Middletown Health Department
- Pool and Spa License Application Middletown Health Department
- Questions & Answers about Adult Mosquito Treatments from County Mosquito Control
- Tattoo and Body Art Modification Renewal Application Middletown Health Department
- Temporary Food Establishment Permit Application Middletown Health Department
- Vending License Application Middletown Health Department
- VPH 28 Exemption from Rabies Vaccination (PDF)