Community Rating SystemMiddletown homeowners interested in purchasing or renewing flood insurance policies may be eligible for a discount on their policies because Middletown participates in FEMA’s Community Rating System.
All standard rate policies in zones A or V are eligible for the 20% discount. Standard rated flood insurance policies in zones B,C,X,D,AR, and A99 are entitled to a 10% discount. Preferred risk policies, which are applicable in zones B,C, and X are already discounted and are not eligible for further discount.
FEMA’s Community Rating System (CRS) provides discounts for flood insurance premiums within and outside the Special Flood Hazard Area (SFHA,) commonly known as the 100-year floodplain.
The Township has earned Class 6 rating for taking actions that exceed the standards of the National Flood Insurance Program (NFIP). These actions include participation in community outreach and flood warning programs, preserving 36% of the SFHA as open space, enhancing building standards and providing map information services.
For more information about CRS and floodplain management, residents can contact the Middletown Building Department at 732-615-2104 during business hours.
Flood Hazard Ordinance
Read Middletown's Recommendations Report
- Monmouth County Library Repository of FEMA Information
- Monmouth County Flood Maps/Historic Floods
- National Flood Insurance Program
- Region 2 Coastal Analysis and Map - Flood Hazard Data
- What's My Base Flood Elevation (BFE)? Address Look-Up Tool
- Emergency Management - Prepardeness Information
- Emergency Management - Coastal Evacuation Routes