Charles Heck, Tax Assessor
1 Kings Highway, Johnson Gill Annex
Middletown, NJ 07748
Phone: 732-615-2089 | Contact Us
Office Hours: Monday - Friday 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
The Assessor's Office is responsible for retaining all data that may reflect either the value or ownership of all property located in the Middletown Township. The following property information is available through the Tax Assessor's Office:
- Block & Lot, Property Location, Assessments, Deed & Sales Info., Map Info: (lot sizes, lot location, streets) Tax Rates, and Tax Ratio.
- Sub-division Information - After approval by the Planning & Development Dept.
- The Assessor's Office divides the Bulk Block & Lot into the number of lots involved in the division, making new line items and assessments.
- Map Corrections (ex: street vacations, lots created)
- Variance List (for pools, sub-divisions, additions, etc.) notification to properties within 200 ft.
Please note: Applications for variances are obtained in the Planning Department. Information for the variance list is obtained in the Assessor's Office.
- Search Information regarding tax assessment ex: additions to property, part of Search request through the Tax Collection Office.
Field Persons collect data on improvements for assessment purposes. They also follow through with inspection for permits issued through the Building Department for property improvement. The Division conducts the required re-evaluation program of all properties on a required basis. Outside assistance is obtained on Commercial, Industrial and exempt properties.
Forms – In addition to Property Tax Deduction forms, the Tax Assessor provides forms for Appeals, Address Changes, Farmland Assessment, Statement of Income and Expenses, and Further Statement (refilling for Tax Exemptions) These forms can also be downloaded from the forms and resources section of the website.