A street excavation permit from the Department of Public Works & Engineering is necessary to perform any of the following excavation work:
* Dig up, break, excavate, tunnel, undermine, or in any manner, break up any street;
* Any excavation in or under the surface of any street for any purpose;
* Place, deposit or leave upon any street any earth or other excavated material.
* Obstructing or tending to interfere with the free use of the street;
* Dig up, break, excavate or undermine or in any way affect any other public improvement within a public right of way. This includes common work such as driveway widening, curb replacement, or driveway apron replacement.